Totalcmd-Editor doesn't work sometime listering some file.

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

davy wong

Totalcmd-Editor doesn't work sometime listering some file.

Post by *davy wong »

Totalcmd-Editor in the android version is pretty convenient a tool to do the lister job, so that i put an icon of it on the toolbar, select a file and Totalcmd-Editor it is almost what i did.
Anyway, i came across some problem when opening "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf" with Totalcmd-Editor toasted error reading the file xxx. I then tried root explorer and it opened the file successfully.
I am confused if the "wpa_supplicant.conf" is coded differently or Totalcmd-Editor works differently.
Also, there's a button "mount r/w" in root explorer to let user mount the file system as read/write, is there some button funtioning like that in Total Commander for Android?

ps, I did above on my rooted HTC Desire S.

Thanks a million.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The TC editor does not have root rights. It's not possible to read directly from a file with restricted rights. I guess that root explorer copies the file to SD-Card first, or changes the permissions to give the user read rights automatically. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with that, so I don't know what I should do in this situation.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
davy wong

Post by *davy wong »

Thank you very much, but using Totalcmd-Editor I could modify /etc/hosts, which I think needs root rights.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can check the permissions of the hosts file by opening the context menu and choosing "properties". I guess that it has read+write permissions for everyone...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
mankokoma

Post by *mankokoma »

davy wong: "Also, there's a button "mount r/w" in root explorer to let user mount the file system as read/write, is there some button funtioning like that in Total Commander for Android?"
you can make your own r/w button: add/edit button -> internal command -> choose command ">>" -> 119 Remount
Then you can choose a folder/file with "long click" -> properties and change the rights.
This way you will also have access to "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf" or any other folder/file you want.