TC 1.0 rc 3 + LAN plugin, cannot play .flv file

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Robbie

TC 1.0 rc 3 + LAN plugin, cannot play .flv file

Post by *Robbie »

Hi

First of all thank you very much for making this available on the Android platform. I have the latest (rc3) installed with the LAN, FTP and WEBDAV plugins (okt).

To make it even better i would like to provide some feedback.

In short
I have a few of those Khan Academy video recordings on my NAS in a LAN network and i would like to access these on my Android HTC phone. Some are .FLV files and i have a problem opening them. TC tries to open these by Adobe Reader.

In Detail
First i start TC then using the NAS plugin i navigate to the target folder which has a few of those those .FLV files.
When i (long) tap on one .FLV file i get the menu and i select download and open with.
After downloading TC (or the LAN plugin) displays a dialogscreen saying that the document cannot be opened because it is not a valid PDF-file.
Ok, so i choose menu -> configuration and associate the FLV extension to RockPlayer, which is the player i would like to use.
Just to be sure i then quit TC and start it again. Then navigate using the LAN plugin to the same file and again choose download and open with.
After downloading TC (or the LAN plugin) still says that the document cannot be opened because it is not a valid PDF-file.

I expect that the file is being send to Rockplayer because i associated the extension to this action.

When i (short) tap on a local .FLV file then everything goes fine.

Regards
Rob
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is a known bug of adobe reader (bad association). I have already added a workaround for the next beta. Please define an internal association for flv in "MENU" - "Configuration".
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com