RC4 - MoboPlayer was unexpectedly terminated

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pegas

RC4 - MoboPlayer was unexpectedly terminated

Post by *pegas »

Today updated to RC4 but all of a sudden having problem when playing videos associated with MoboPlayer. In fact I can play them all but when closing any video I am getting warning that MoboPlayer (process com.clov4r.android.nil) was unexpectedly terminated and I should try it again. In this prompt there are two buttons ... Terminate application and Report what I did eventually. However if I play videos directly in MoboPlayer GUI (i.e. not within TC interface) no crashes when closing them whatsoever. I never been experiencing these crashes in RC3 so I guess the problem is down to RC4.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Android apps are isolated from each other. All I can think of is that MoboPlayer is running out of memory because TC has become a bit larger (new language included).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
pegas

Post by *pegas »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Android apps are isolated from each other. All I can think of is that MoboPlayer is running out of memory because TC has become a bit larger (new language included).
OK thx for explanation but is there any workaround? Can I install just my native language or ... ?

EDIT: you say TC became larger but do you think it is larger than for instance Adobe Reader or any other applications for which I handle their files within TC without problem?
Last edited by pegas on 2011-12-21, 14:52 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have no idea, I get only bug reports for my own apps. You can see them with the Android development tools, but they are quite large to install. Maybe the author of MoboPlayer can help...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
pegas

Post by *pegas »

Just to let you know that the problem disappeared. I played a bit with MoboPlayer as well as TC settings and now I can close videos without crashes. Strange but satisfactory for me.