Please, stop making older versions inactive!

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sann1

Please, stop making older versions inactive!

Post by *sann1 »

I like TC a lot. And I have been a long time user of the PC-version. But android version just makes me cry. Among dozens of files managers i chose TC, and what i find? Once a month or so, when working with files on my phone I get the following message: "This pre-relise version has expired. Please install the next one".
Ok, thanks! What if I have no connection right now? Or I don't have 10 minutes to go to your website and download a new one. I may tolerate obsolete version. I may tolerate pop-ups and advertisements. But all I need is the ability to have WORKING file manager at any time.
I understand that you work hard to keep TC updated. But all is needed - just a pop-up that a new version is out there. Please, do not make older versions inactive.
Thanks,
Alex.
ChristianK

volle Zustimmung

Post by *ChristianK »

dieser Beitrag spricht mir aus der Seele. Ich nutze mein Tablet meistens offline und hätte im Zweifelsfall keine Möglichkeit, spontan ein neues Release herunterzuladen. Ich hoffe auf eine praktikablere Lösung. Christian
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The current version will warn 2 weeks before it expires (each time you start it). Sorry but these are beta versions, it's not recommended to use any of the older versions.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com