SFTP plugin: copy write error

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Command&Compute

Re: SFTP plugin: copy write error

Post by *Command&Compute »

Two things:
Yes, It was about the android version, at least in the beginning.

Second of all, I solved it:
The Problem with OpenSSH on Windows is the default shell.
You can change the OpenSSH default Shell from propably cmd to Powershell for example via the PowershellCommand:
"New-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\OpenSSH" -Name DefaultShell -Value "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" -PropertyType String -Force"
It just creates a regedit entry.
Alternatively you can try Cygwin and use that as shell, it beeing a Linux Port will propably improve compatibility even more, should you actually wish to ssh into your Windows Machine.
However, Powershell already does the trick for what I demand.
I can now swap files at 250 MBit's via SCP rather than 30 via SFTP (250MBits is the max for my one antenna 5GHZ Phone, so the sky is unlimited).
michauko

Re: SFTP plugin: copy write error

Post by *michauko »

Hi, I just stumbled upon this thread after experiencing the same problem + solution.
I'm just here to emphasize I encountered this problem when connecting to my Synology's sftp service - so quite a common solution => many people might encounter it too. Maybe a better notice in the app would be great, just to say for instance "try to disable SCP if xfer error" or "disable SCP if Synology NAS"
I suppose Syno doesn't support scp.
No pb for a regular ssh/sftp/scp server.

Beside this, I'm a loooooong TCMD user - I paid it I think in the beginning of the century o_O (my licence's postal address is so old, I see it each time I start TCMD ;)) and I can't use anything else on a windows computer. Today I removed all android FTP/SFTP other clients I tried. They're never good, stuffed with ads, not working correctly and so on. I just realized a bit late Android/TCMD had a sftp plugin. Hum (am I that stupid, I've been using the sftp plugin on windows for years...). Thx for all these years.