Lan plugin download files.

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Octo

Lan plugin download files.

Post by *Octo »

I recently got my first tablet and one of the first thing I did was to get total commander working over wifi using the lan plugin.
Streaming works fine. What is not clear however, is how to download files to the tablet.
I can "Download and edit" or "Download and open with", but I don't want to edit or open the file, just download it.
If I choose "download and open with" it'll open the file, but delete it immediately when closing the application used for opening the file.
Now I've looked at the "wifi transfer" plugin...but it seems superfluous to get a second plugin when wlan seemingly
has the capability to do what I want, just not an obvious way to do it. Any tips to just download files form my pc to the tablet?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Lan plugin download files.

Post by *petermad »

Just open the local folder on the phone in for example the left panel and open the LAN connection in the right file panel (swipe left). Then you can copy files from the the LAN folder to the local folder
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Octo

Post by *Octo »

Ah, progress, I didn't realize you swiped to get the left/right columns.
Anyway, apparently I'm dumb enough to still wonder...how do you actually copy the files?
Click-holding to bring up the menu only has "download+open" or "download+edit", I can't click drag, I can't find a button for copying,
I tried "copy to clipboard" but can't find a way to paste it. How is it done in practice?
I've used commander since it was Norton in dos, but this is not user friendly.

-----------------------
Edit 1 - Ok finally managed. Copy to clipboard, and then you gotta paste it on the "..", not on a blank space.
Could be easier, but this works.

Edit 2 - Drag and drop works on icons, but not on text. Much nicer. Guess I should RTFM.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Octo
You mark files for copying by tapping the icon to the left of the file name, then they will be marked with a green checkmark. Then tap the second icon in the button bar at the bottom (it looks like a paper with a bet upper right corner - or two such pieces of paper with an artow form one to the other - depending on you setup under Fonts & Colors) - then you can choose to copy or move the marked files
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar