Upload via LAN plugin to PC-Desktop. All files arrive corrupted?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

axel-berger

Upload via LAN plugin to PC-Desktop. All files arrive corrupted?

Post by *axel-berger »

I've been using the LAN plugin for quite some time and it always worked fine. Until now I've only downloaded from desktop to smartphone. Now I have a 15.6" tablet I can surf with and edit on and tried to upload to the desktop. All files arrive corrupted. I supected a hardware issue, but testing the smartphone showed the same problem. The desktop runs with Win98SE and I very frequently copy large numbers of files between all my machines. The network itself is flawless, it has to be a TC for Android problem.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upload via LAN plugin to PC-Desktop. All files arrive corrupted?

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

There are currently no known bugs in the LAN plugin for Android. Can you give me more information, please?
1. How big are the files? Are they larger then 2GB?
2. What kind of corruption? Is the file size correct, or too small?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
axel-berger

Post by *axel-berger »

It's HTML, PDF, and ZIP. The file size is correct or slightly larger. It affects all three Android units I have. The other direktion, from PC to phone/tablet works perfectly.

On my new Windows 8.1 Laptop I have not been able to share any folder successfully, not even for my daugher with Win 10. With Windows XP the copying from Andoid is faultless. Win98 ist the system I work on. Although on the least powerful hardware here, it's much leaner and more efficient than anything newer from Microsoft.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Could you send me a sample file to support at ghisler dot com, both the original (no errors) and the faulty file you received on Windows 98?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com