Two bugs (?) with LAN plugin on x86 tablet

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tmsg

Two bugs (?) with LAN plugin on x86 tablet

Post by *tmsg »

First things first, TC is a great file manager for Android! I am no friend of these things in Windows/Linux where command line tools are king (well, for me at least :wink: ) but for Android TC is a real find!

I have two problems though, both in connection with the LAN plugin (TC v2.91/LAN v3.08) and both only on a Samsung x86 tablet (ie a Lenovo arm tablet works fine). The first problem is that I can copy from the LAN source to the external sdcard but not to any folder on the internal sdcard. So currently I first have to copy files to ext SD and then again to int SD.

Second tapping a filename on a LAN share (say an APK file) does open the dialog to download and open with (or edit) but upon tapping one of the options nothing happens (whereas on the Lenovo the APK is downloaded and installation starts).

EDIT: both tablets are rooted and TC has su access.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Two bugs (?) with LAN plugin on x86 tablet

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Which Android version do you use? It's odd that you cannot write to /storage/emulated/0. Can you check in the Android settings - Apps whether the LAN plugin has the rights to write to internal storage?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
tmsg

Post by *tmsg »

@ghisler: both tablets use Android 6.0.1. On the Lenovo (ie the one which works OK) it's the Android version that came with the tablet (though updated); on the Samsung it's LineageOS.

As to storage permissions that was the very first thing I checked, and yes, both the LAN plugin and TC itself have this enabled (I just double-checked). As stated copying from the LAN to the external SD does work and copying on to internal SD works as well.

EDIT: I have disabled and re-enabled this option a couple of times manually, doesn't make a difference.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, I have no other ideas of what could be wrong. :(
tmsg

Post by *tmsg »

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and reconfigured the plugin on the Samsung tablet... and now it seems to work :o

Well, as Al Stewart was singing... "Maybe it's just one of those things."
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for your feedback. So apparently the permissions got mixed up. Uninstalling an app removes all its permissions, so that must have fixed it.