TC on amazon FireTV Stick

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Spartacus

TC on amazon FireTV Stick

Post by *Spartacus »

Hi everyboday,
I have some issues with the TC on my amazon Fire TV sticks (2). I use the tool in order to browse through my movie library. VLC is the movie-player. This works fine, but sometimes I get the message from TC, that movie can not be found. After restarting FireTV Stick, erything is fine again.

I am not sure what is going on here, but it looks like that TC caches the directory and does not try to reconnect to NAS again. After reboot, you can see that TC resolves the Host via DNS and reads the directory. Then everything is fine and the movie starts. Maybe this is not a TC-issue and VLC is the problem. Not sure.

FYI:
NAS and FireTV Stick are in different Subnets and IPs are requested via DHCP.. IPs never change because the Router provides IPs based on MAC-Address.

Does someone has an idea, how this can be fixed? The reboot of the FireTV stick is only a workaround.
Maybe someone also knows better solutions for NAS connections, but please keept in mind that Stick and NAS are on different Subnets and Multicast is not working.

Spartacus.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC on amazon FireTV Stick

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

How do you access the NAS? Via LAN plugin? FTP?
What you can try is switch to a different plugin (e.g. the internal list of installed apps) in the same panel to force unload of the connected plugin.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Spartacus

Post by *Spartacus »

Hi ghisler,
I have configured LAN Plugin and I tried your proposal, but nothing changes!

I guess it is an issue with VLC. I took a video with my mobile from the the issue and I saw, that there is a short Error Message on the TV.
I took a screenshot from the video, but I cannot attach this here!

Christian
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Could you write what the error message says? Or send the screenshot to cghisler at gmail dot com.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Spartacus

Post by *Spartacus »

Hi Christian,
I will send you the Error-messages via Email.
Christian