MediaPlayer on Bluetooth strange behavior - Volume and Resume

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Whee

MediaPlayer on Bluetooth strange behavior - Volume and Resume

Post by *Whee »

Hello,
I use TC MediaPlayer with my Bluetooth Headset and also with my car.
On both i noticed two things:
1. After receiving a notification (volume is reduced shortly) the volume is sometimes/often not returned to the original. When I pause and unpause, it's back to the original volume. This pausing is quite annoying and i don't like to do this while driving especially when the Lockscreen buttons are so small. This only happens with TC Mediaplayer, so its working as intended with Spotify, GoogleMusic or PodcastAddict.
2. On disconnect (disable BT) the media keeps on playing via the phones speakers (although the option in the media settings on Bluetooth headset disconnect is to pause)

I would appreciate any suggestions (fix in app needed?)
Thanks in advance!
Android 10, Pixel 2

Deutsch:
2 Probleme:
1.Die Audiowiedergabe über Bluetooth bleibt leise nachdem eine Benachrichtigung gekommen ist
2.Die Wiedergabe hört nicht auf und spielt über die Handylautsprecher weiter nachdem die Bluetooth Verbindung aufgehört hat (obwohl es laut den Einstellungen Pausieren soll)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MediaPlayer on Bluetooth strange behavior - Volume and Resume

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

1. I cannot reproduce this. I use the player a lot and it always returns the volume to normal. What type of notification is it? Does it help to clear the notification? Here I get notifications for GMail, SMS and some apps like Samsung Health or Weather. I don't use an instant messenger.

2. I cannot reproduce this either, it always stops. Maybe the option is disabled in the player settings? There are two, one for cable headphones and one for bluetooth.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
matixx
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *matixx »

I can confirm this point2.
I had try severals ways to debug this with the help of Christian.
It seems to be a Problem if the Bluetooth connection is lost (multimediasystem of car ignition OFF). I had this Problem also if i switch off my Bluetooth Headset.

This happens on a Xiaomi Mi5 and actual Huawei P30pro.

Please try actual 3.0beta, After using this Version this happens very very rarely. I'm also not sure if it just happened because I pressed the Play button by mistake while I plugged in the Phone.
Christian does Not reproduce this Problem anytime, but He make some fixes regarding this in beta and since that it happens very very rarely.
Whee

Post by *Whee »

Point 1, I can only sometimes reproduce this, will report back when i find out a definite way for reproduction.

Point 2, i got the version 3.0b13 now. Its working like matrixx said it, but i can still reproduce it by switching off Bluetooth on the phone. It keeps on playing via the phone speakers instead of pausing as stated in the settings.
matixx
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *matixx »

Whee wrote: 2019-12-29, 15:12 UTC can still reproduce it by switching off Bluetooth on the phone.
Confirmed.
Which Phone did you use?
Whee

Post by *Whee »

matixx wrote: 2019-12-29, 15:49 UTC
Whee wrote: 2019-12-29, 15:12 UTC can still reproduce it by switching off Bluetooth on the phone.
Confirmed.
Which Phone did you use?
Google Pixel 2, Android 10, Build QQ1A.191205.008
matixx
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *matixx »

2ghisler(Author)
This is Stock Android without Adaptions.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Total Commander listens to events of Bluetooth devices arriving and disappearing. I have tried it in the debugger - when I turn off Bluetooth on my phone, I do get a notification "ACL_DISCONNECTED", the same as when I turn off the Bluetooth device. This is also on Android 10, but Samsung.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com