Can we have thumbnails for .m4a audio files please?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

HalfAMinute

Can we have thumbnails for .m4a audio files please?

Post by *HalfAMinute »

Hi Dev,

Can we have thumbnails for m4a files please ?

--- copy-pasted from everywhere. sorry ! ---
"M4A is a file extension for an audio file encoded with advanced audio coding (AAC) which is a lossy compression. M4A was generally intended as the successor to MP3, which had not been originally designed for audio only but was layer III in an MPEG 1 or 2 video files. M4A stands for MPEG 4 Audio (only) and can be played by Android media players as MP4 also. While this is true, the MP4 player can only render the M4A as how it plays the usual Audio stream of the MPEG 4 file."

"As preference for M4A is increasing, Android Media players which can play M4A files properly (AAC, ALAC)are slowly coming out."

"These Android M4A players would naturally respect the internal structure of the M4A file as how Apple devices executes M4A files at an optimum degree in the aspect of (sound) quality (Yes, Apple . I.E. ― An M4A file with ALAC codec would have the best original sound quality. Even M4A (AAC) delivers better quality than MP3 audio at the same bit rate and the difference should be noticeable for audio enthusiasts."

----

My m4a files in my android device are multiplying like gremlins since they've been extricated from my MP4 files. Thanks !

―PS - A mild surprise finding out that converter apps - since m4a files are simply the Audio part of Mpeg 4 files, only have to extract the Audio bit from the Video bit. ― If I only knew to change the extension from mp4 to m4a and it will play...If I only knew this before...

Thanks much.

Marc