Batch redate tool for timestamp manipulation: (SDCardFS)

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DannyR49

Batch redate tool for timestamp manipulation: (SDCardFS)

Post by *DannyR49 »

Batch redate tool for timestamp manipulation:

Hi Chris,

Now that Google Engineering has woken up, after nearly ten years of not listening to the user community, to fixing the ability to modify files' timestamps in native non-rooted devices, they've decided to implement a new filesystem SDCardFS under Oreo 8.1/8.2, as you're quite likely aware.

I'm hoping that you could implement a new feature (for Oreo non-rooted, or rooted devices across the board), where we could redate our files in a better way than how it's been implemented in FileTimeStamp by PogSoftware of Brazil, for instance:

https://play DOT google<dot>com/store/apps/details?id=br.com.pogSPAMsoftwares.filetimestamp
He has used a range of hard-coded mask patterns without the ability to customise your own mask.

I want my prefix to look like:
Yyyy-Mm-Dd_HhMmSs_*. *

I have a zillion files with this format and I've found that this format above to be more intuitive anyway.
When I'm putting files to bed, I've religiously rounded (up usually) to the minute (seconds=00). By scouring a directory looking for unfinished files, all I need to look for are files where the seconds are not 00, which stand out and are really easy to see.
For my finished files that I've put to bed, I set the seconds to 00 and in the past I've used a Windows batch tool to actually redate each of those files to reflect the filename prefix.

Yyyy-Mm-Dd_HhMm00_*. *

By its nature, my prefix above is going to round the timestamp of files down to the last minute, but I deal with that on a per file type basis.
When I do a bunch of screenshots where a few of them are captured inside a one minute window, I use a suffix using TC Multi-rename tool and the [] Counter option.
This is the prefix I've set for my mask using your TC Multi-rename tool:
[T1][Y]-[M]-[D]_[hm]00_[N]
And it works really well.

I've just updated TC to v3.0b14, thanks for your diligence, it's really appreciated.
This Batch redate tool feature idea could also extend itself to catering for EXIF redating, which I know would be extremely welcomed amongst a huge number of users.

I'm guessing your EXIF menu option would have to be a combination of selecting JPG's first before choosing an appropriate prefix mask.

Chris, I'm hoping that you can give this suggestion some thought.

Best Regards, Danny Robinson

- - - Edit by moderator:

User came back to enable his signature for to add spam links > Signature removed >> User banned

Please help us and report such posts (see the [!] button) if you find them on browsing the forum, thanks.

[MTAG]