Request/Bug: Change the "Cut to Clipboard" icon (Android)

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SteveDay

Request/Bug: Change the "Cut to Clipboard" icon (Android)

Post by *SteveDay »

Hi,

After ES File Explorer turned into spamware I've started using Total Commander v2.91.

It has a steep learning curve, but I can see it is influenced by the very old MSDOS file commander. I appreciate the fact it can access my PC via the SMB shares. 👍💙

I'm just learning how to make the most out of TC by adding custom/frequently-used buttons to the Button Bar.

...Which has revealed a visual bug...

○ The icons for "Cut" (to clipboard) and "Copy" are too similar. The only visual difference is that one has a slight red tint piece of paper while the other has a slightly green-tint.

○ If the "Use new icons" is selected then the toolbar & button-bar icons all appear as grey - so the Cut and Copy icons are now identical! :?

○ If I unselected the the "Use new icons" and use the old icons, then at least I am able to see the color tint, but they are still too similar and for color-blind people I imagine it would still be impossible to tell them apart.

✂️ Please could you change the "Cut" icon to a pair of scissors on top of the sheet of paper? (Or better yet, if the 32x32 pixels and color palette allow, show the scissors cutting the sheet of paper?)

I know I could seleft a custom .PNG image for button-bar icons, but making this change would help everyone who wants to use Cut/Copy buttons.

Best wishes & stay safe!
Steve
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Request/Bug: Change the "Cut to Clipboard" icon (Android)

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for your suggestion, I will consider it. Btw, you can choose to show color icons for these buttons, there is a combobox in the settings where you can choose a black&white or color icon - this way you can see it better with the current icons.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com