Everlasting Bug - Layer up in copy menu

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Command&Compute

Everlasting Bug - Layer up in copy menu

Post by *Command&Compute »

I was very happy when a saw that TCMD for Android was going into a new major Version 3.0, hoping that the longest known bug was finally fixed.
I commented this on the Google Play Store approx 2 years ago.
Then I came here to look for it, but I couldn't find it, so maybe nobody ever noticed it, allthough i think it's quite enerving:

When I mark a file/folder for copying/moving, it automatically suggests the folder the other "Tab" is at as a destination.
So far so good.
Should I want to change it, I can click the too arrows (>>) to choose a new folder. Stilll everythings fine.
But should I than misclick while choosing that folder, the "Folder Up" arrow is completely numb, no error, nothing happens. If i have gone wrong I have to try completey from scratch, because the "Home" Button still works.
I can see this on Sony Android6, Samsung Android7 and Samsung Android 10, and it is like this for a while now.

With the "Second-Tab-Destination-Choosing" this is not vital for proper functioning, but I suspect it can't be hard to fix, because all the other buttons work.

Also, a request/question, while I'm at it:
When I hit that "Home"-Button to choose a new folder, it only shows "Internal","SD-Card", etc..., but no the Shares, Servers and Clouds I have connected.
Again, not neccessary, because of the Second Tab, but I't would make things easier for the one of us wired that way if it could be a complete mirror of the actual TCMD Home Menu, included all the stuff connected via Plugins.
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Everlasting Bug - Layer up in copy menu

Post by *JOUBE »

I suspect - because I cannot even begin to understand the described scenario - that you are not working with the setting "Two lists side by side". Is it like this?

I also suspect that the "one-list display" is rarely used in times of high-resolution displays on smartphones. Therefore, it may be, that nobody really perceives this problem and nobody cares about it.

Have you tried the "Two lists side by side" setting?

JOUBE
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

But should I than misclick while choosing that folder, the "Folder Up" arrow is completely numb, no error, nothing happens
You need to click on the text behind the up icon. Clicking on the icon itself doesn't do anything in the folder picker dialog. It is reserved for selecting files, but there is nothing to select there.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Command&Compute

Post by *Command&Compute »

Mr Ghisler solved it, one needs to click on the three dots or the whole area around it. I always clicked directly at the arrow. Sometimes it's that simple.

@JOUBE I think I explained very detailed where my problem was. And it's not hard to understand. If I'm going for a quick and dirty copy I tend not to use the second list, I just hit copy/move and choose a destination afterwards.