Copy folder - set order of copied files in the folder

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

franc

Copy folder - set order of copied files in the folder

Post by *franc »

Hallo

I have the totalcmd 3.01b2 app on my Android 9 (Xiaomi Mi A1) phone with root.
I copy folders of audiobooks to a MicroSD plugged then later into my children's headphone (a Votones 85 dB Kids).

Unfortunately this headphone's internal mp3-Player has a weird playing order: it seems that it plays by order of date of copy (like the "find" command in linux, orders by inode number, I think). So when I copy file "audiobook_file_003.mp3", then "audiobook_file_002.mp3", then "audiobook_file_001.mp3" the playing order is also like this, 3, 2, 1 (instead of 1, 2, 3 which would be the name-order).

Now when I copy the whole folder, totalcmd App doesn't copy alphabetically the first file in the folder, then the 2nd etc. till the last, but in a weird order, maybe also by inode order, but I don't know.
Anyway, the playing order is then most likely not alphanumeric.

Is there a way to tell totalcmd to copy all files in a folder in the sort order which is set in totalcmd at that moment?

Thank

frank
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Copy folder - set order of copied files in the folder

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, Total Commander copies the files in subfolders in the order Android reports them. You can only control the copy order for the current directory, where the current sort order will be used.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
franc

Post by *franc »

OK, but if I mark several folders which have no subfolders, then the copy order will be folder1-file1-to-fileN, folder2-file1-to-fileN, ... folderN-file1-to-fileN, if the sort order is alphanumeric?
ZoSTeR
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ZoSTeR »

You can use DriveSort to correct the playback order for those FAT oriented players.