TCMP: IllegalStateException if to view full screen video as last track, close & reopen TCMP, tap that track

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

TCMP: IllegalStateException if to view full screen video as last track, close & reopen TCMP, tap that track

Post by *DrShark »

To reproduce:
0. Open TC Media Player, put the video file as a last queue track.
1. If last queue track is a horizontal video, rotate the screen to horizontal orientation,
and if it's vertical one, continue in vertical orientatton.
2. Start the playback of that last queue track. It will start in full screen mode. Let player to play it completely.
3. When playback is finished, press Back Android key. This will close the player and switch you to TC4A if you started the player from it.
4. Open TC Media Player again (e.g. with internal command 137), it will be opened in playlist mode.
5. Tap on the last track in playlist: TCMP won't play the file, instead IllegalStateException toast error will appear.
Since this moment and until the restart of TC4A (better with internal command 155/killProcess), this IllegalStateException may appear on different tracks of playlist.

Reproduced on devices running Android 5.1 and 10.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TCMP: IllegalStateException if to view full screen video as last track, close & reopen TCMP, tap that track

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Not confirmed on Android 10, but reproduced on Android 6.0. I will try to fix it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
matixx
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TCMP: IllegalStateException if to view full screen video as last track, close & reopen TCMP, tap that track

Post by *matixx »

Have this exception so many times before but Do not know how to reproduce this.

Thank you 2DrShark

Android10
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

history2.txt wrote:2020-08-31 Fixed: Media Player: close player after last track ends, otherwise playing the same track again may fail
I cannot reproduce IllegalStateException anymore on Android 10 device with TC4A 3.10 beta 8, and usually I don't get it on Android 5.1 device now (though during many tests I encountered it twice, but so far I can't get a reproduce way for it, maybe somehow it is related to another device issue mentioned in the topic viewtopic.php?f=22&t=72707).
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708