Android/Data folder content - Android 11

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: sheep, Hacker, Stefan2, white

sazhagianambi

Android/Data folder content - Android 11

Post by *sazhagianambi »

Hi,

I was able to access the 0/Android/Data folders fine in Pixel 3 (without Root access) using Total Commander (Android 10) so far... This week OS upgraded to Android 11 now Only folder I see inside 0/Android/Data is com.ghisler.android.totalcommander folder... No other folders showing up for other apps.

I understand they changes how this data folder gets access in Andorid 11 compare to older version, however as File manager I thought TotalCommander can still access entire folder.... No? Is there anything else I need to do this get working. Any Help?

Thank you.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android/Data folder content - Android 11

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, Android/data is now restricted on Android 11, not even the built-in Android file manager can access it. A lot of people have complained about this to Google during the beta test, but all complaints were ignored.
You should be able to access the folders from a connected Windows PC or Mac, though.
Author of Total Commander
http://www.ghisler.com
sazhagianambi

Post by *sazhagianambi »

Thank you Chris for confirmation. Much appreciated you taking time and responding.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

For other users with this problem: I found a way to access Android/data also on Andcroid 11, all I had to do is ask for access from the "Files" app as I do for other virtual folders. You can't access it by requesting access to /storage/emulated/0, you have to specifically ask to access
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data

User sazhagianambi has already confirmed that it works on the Pixel 3, so I have put it in TC 3.10 beta 11 now.
Author of Total Commander
http://www.ghisler.com