Open dir from search result in other panel

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Open dir from search result in other panel

Post by *Hacker »

Hi,
When the search returns a list of dirs, I'd like to go through each dir and check the contents, either in the same panel and be able to return to the search results, or in the other panel while keeping the search results open in the original panel. Is there some way to do this, please?

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
georgeb

Re: Open dir from search result in other panel

Post by *georgeb »

I concur 100% ! Preferably by keeping the list of search results open and inspecting the hits - one by one - on the other side, perhaps even by a very basic implementation of overlapped/tabbed browsing so that the initial display on the other side could be preserved underneath. :idea:
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I don't see how this could be implemented from a user perspective, sorry. There is no "transfer directory under cursor to other panel" on Android because there is usually no current file in touch mode.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
Well, perhaps it would be nice if we at least had the option to open the dir where the found file is located, and for dirs an additional option to open the dir directly.

The ideal way would of course be if the search results were saved (even if only for the duration of the session) and accessible using some internal command ("xxx Show last search result").

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.