Sorting in TCA (Total Comander Android)

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Alefix

Sorting in TCA (Total Comander Android)

Post by *Alefix »

Hello. In my smartphone, I usually sort by time in descending order. This is how I always see the latest files, and there is no need to search for them. After changing the smartphone, TCA started sorting a little wrong. This concerns the archived files that I unpack. The unpacked files are sorted by the time they were created by the author of this file (that is, when they were packed), and not by the time they were created in my smartphone (as I understand it).
The question is, how to sort by creation date in the phone itself? For example, on a computer, they are called: Modified date (when the author of the file packed the file and made the archive), and the creation date (when downloading from the Internet or unpacking the archive).

Oppo Reno2 Z smartphone, ColorOS 11 (it was 7.1 and exactly the same problem), TCA version 3.23

P.S. translated using google translator.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sorting in TCA (Total Comander Android)

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

What you are seeing here is actually a bug on older Android versions like 7.1:
The copying or unpacking of file timestamps did not work. It does work now on Android 9 and newer.
So when Total Commander unpacks files, it also keeps the time of the files from the archive.
Unfortunately it's currently not possible to turn it off.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Alefix

Post by *Alefix »

Apparently you did not understand. The shell colorOs 7.1 is android 10, colorOs 11 is android 11.
On an old phone on android 6, everything was filtered correctly. The unpacked file had a date at the time of unpacking (i.e. if the time in the phone at the time of unpacking the archive was 2:45 pm on 08/15/2021, then the unpacked file will have this time when sorting in descending order, and not when the author of the archive this file was not archived).

Screenshot 1: https://clip2net.com/s/4d0T66O
Screenshot 2: https://clip2net.com/s/4d0T4wd

The first screenshot shows the archive and the unpacked file, the second screenshot shows the contents of the archive.
And logically, in the first screenshot, the file date 654321.fb2 should be 08/15/2021 14:42 (according to your 2:42 pm) (unpacked in a minute after downloading from the Internet, and, accordingly, created in the phone in a minute). And in fact, the date is 04/10/2021 19:04 (according to your 7:04 pm). This is when the author zipped this file.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Alefix,
So basically you wish TC not to set the timestamp of the file as stored in the archive but just leave it set to the time of unpacking.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Alefix

Post by *Alefix »

Hacker, right. It's just that when there are a lot of archives, the unpacked files have to be searched for, which is inconvenient. At the moment, on my phone, I have dozens of archives at the top, and the unpacked files are somewhere far away. You can find them only by searching, otherwise you will simply get lost.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

If this is just about finding the unpacked files, you can do the following:
- select the archive(s) you want to unpack
- long click on one of them
- in the context menu, choose "Unpack selected"
- click on "Unpack to separate subfolders"

Each archive will be unpacked to a subfolder with the same name but without extension. The subfolders will have the date and time of unpacking.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Alefix

Post by *Alefix »

It's even easier and better if you make a more functional filter in an android program. To filter by different time categories (creation date and modification date).
How here (date modified on the left, date of creation on the right; screenshot from the computer explorer. Windows 10): https://clip2net.com/s/4d5wgJc
Although your advice on unpacking into subfolders has justified itself, although it is more of a "crutch". Because the folder was literally created (although the unpacked file was also, as it were, created anew, or rather copied), then the date was registered as it was at the time of unpacking.

You can close the topic, the problem is partly solved. Thank you all for your participation and your time.