[8.01 x64] network drive access takes a lot of time

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dingensfredi

[8.01 x64] network drive access takes a lot of time

Post by *dingensfredi »

An access to a network drive takes a long time (approx 70 s):

The first access using TC (8.01 x64) to the network drive is no problem. But when i try to open a directory inside the network drive TC takes about 70 s to respond and show the content. It takes about the same time just to navigate back to the top level.
The network drive is a directory on a Mac (OS X 10.8). The access with the windows explorer (Windows 7 (64 bit)) works without any problems.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, no idea - the access should be equally fast or slow as in Explorer. Some users had problems with icons or icon overlays - try to turn off icons on network drives in Configuration - Options - Icons.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
dingensfredi

Post by *dingensfredi »

Thanks. With icons on or off - there is no change in behaviour.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

When you go to control panel - Network, do you see more than one network adapter (e.g. Vmware or Virtualbox adapters)? This can have such an effect.
dingensfredi

Post by *dingensfredi »

There is only one (1) network adapter shown.

It is not possible to reproduce the problem by access to a network drive on a computer running Windows. Everything works just fine.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your last chance to find out what is going on would be to use the Microsoft tool "process monitor" (not process explorer!) from www.sysinternals.com. Maybe TC is trying to load an icon, or there is some access right problem...
dingensfredi

Post by *dingensfredi »

I deleted the wincmd.ini file. After restart (without any modifications of the default-setup) there were no problems with the access to the network drive. After that i started changing the configuration according to my preferences option for option. The problems as described above started after setting the "Auto-Refresh" checkboxes to true. So i added the network drive name (i.e. \z) in the field "No refresh for these drives". After that everything worked fine.

Sorry for not trying that before posting.