System color for ButtonText used in unexpected places

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

System color for ButtonText used in unexpected places

Post by *petermad »

If I set the sytem color for ButtonText (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\ButtonText) to for example red, it turns out that TC uses ButtonText in a lot of unexpected places - see: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/buttontext

Some of these examples might accord to standard, but some of them seem to be using the ButtonText style erroneously.
Last edited by petermad on 2013-05-08, 05:59 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Wow, huge work! I agree that colors should be unified. It seems that all theese 'wrong' items have property Font.Color set:

Code: Select all

Font.Color = clWindowText
While forms define this color as:

Code: Select all

Font.Color = clBtnText
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is not a bug. The dialog background is button face, and the text is button text.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Yes, but we're talking about text colors, not dialog background colors.
Some of controls have text color set explicitly while other ones inherit text color from form, and these two colors are different ones: clWindowText and clBtnText. You can look for Font.Color properties within TC forms to notice that.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

The dialog background is button face, and the text is button text.
Yes I am aware of that, but it is not used consistantly in the dialogs - so you end up with a mix of text colors. See http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/buttontext - it should either be all black or all red in these examples.

Looking at my screenshots it seems like legends for textfields in general uses buttontext color (red) while legends for checkboxes and radiobuttons uses another color (black in my screenshots).

Of course it is not a big problem - I seem to be the only one that happened to run into it. Also many other programs show similar behaviour when ButtonText is set to red - so it is unlikely that anyone would use a setting for ButtonText like this on their system.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar