Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MarcinW
Power Member
Power Member

Warning about ZIP > 2GB not displayed below 4GB

Post by *MarcinW »

Steps to reproduce:
1) Select some files/folders with total size < 4GB and try to pack them to ZIP - packing starts immediately.
2) Select some files/folders with total size > 4GB and try to pack them to ZIP - TC displays a warning message about ZIP files larger than 2GB.

So there are two possibilities:
- TC should warn about ZIP files > 2GB starting from total selected files/folders size 2GB, not 4GB as currently,
OR
- warning text should be changed by replacing "2GB" phrases with "4GB" phrases.

Regards
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

It is a question which unpacked size will lead to packed size larger than 2 GB...
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

MVV wrote:It is a question which unpacked size will lead to packed size larger than 2 GB...
The warning message is indeed applied in an inconsistent manner.

Only if i select files with a total size of more than 4GB, the warning message pops up, saying:
Warning: The total size of all selected files (unpacked) is > 2 GB.
If the resulting archive is larger than 2 GB, it will be unreadable by some ZIP unpackers.
Continue anyway?
Now, if i select just 3.9 GB (which most certainly will result in a ZIP archive larger than 2 GB) the warning does not appear anymore. Well, just by looking at the first sentence of the warning, i expect it to still appear, no?

Anyway, in my opinion it is not a crucial issue but rather a cosmetic oddity, though...