process not closed (sometimes) when closing TC

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Nasenmann

process not closed (sometimes) when closing TC

Post by *Nasenmann »

For about two or three weeks now there is an issue I don't know how to identify the reason for:

When I close TC, it happens sometimes, not always, that the process is still running.
So additionally, as this issue occured, when I close new instances, their process is always kept running and so after a while there can be a dozen of them.
I can start a new instance without problems, so I'm not aware of the other process, I see it when I check by with Process Explorer.

Actually, because of this new behaviour (that I only knew before as a new feature of Firefox :roll:) I check with Process Explorer often.

The only thing I changed in my "software portfolio" within the last few weeks was updating Avast Antivirus to newest and switching Windows8FirewallControl from Free to Plus Edition because the devs gave me a license as a gift for reporting bugs.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Don't know, just a hint: Avast has a Sandbox (AutoSandbox?). Maybe disabling this feature solves the issue.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Nasenmann

Post by *Nasenmann »

Nope it's Avast free Edition without Sandbox.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

The Sandbox feature is available in the Avast Free edition as well.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Difficult to say, it could be a shell extension which hangs on close (because the Explorer never closes).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Nasenmann

Post by *Nasenmann »

Okay, I tried it with the shell extension of Windows8FirewallControl, the plus edition got a new shell extension that I deactivated with ShellExView - now I have to check the behaviour within the next 2 days.
Nasenmann

Post by *Nasenmann »

Dalai wrote:The Sandbox feature is available in the Avast Free edition as well.

Regards
Dalai
Hmm.

Where? I don't see it anywhere, I didn't see it anywhere since I updated to Avast 9 or before.
Nasenmann

Post by *Nasenmann »

Nasenmann wrote:Okay, I tried it with the shell extension of Windows8FirewallControl, the plus edition got a new shell extension that I deactivated with ShellExView - now I have to check the behaviour within the next 2 days.
Allright, the problem is gone, so it was the ShellExtension of Windows8FirewallControl.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Nasenmann wrote:
Dalai wrote:The Sandbox feature is available in the Avast Free edition as well.

Regards
Dalai
Hmm.

Where? I don't see it anywhere, I didn't see it anywhere since I updated to Avast 9 or before.
I have to correct myself: The AutoSandbox was available in the Free Edition up to and including Version 8.x. You can reach its settings in the File System Shield settings. Version 9.x (aka 2014) seems to limit this feature to the paid editions.

But since you solved the issue at hand this isn't that relevant anymore.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence