[not reproduced] Big bug copying files

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

aggg63

Post by *aggg63 »

Hello.

Ok. Is a hard work. Some plugin or any change in the past has an effect in the present. I will do a test at home with a fresh ini to confirm it.
Dalai wrote:Just out of curiosity: Does your .ini file have some UTF-8 BOM (byte-order-marker) or something like at the beginning (you can use Notepad++ to figure that out)? Or is any section larger than 64k? IIRC there were some supposed "bugs" which were caused by things like that in the past.
I viewed the file with lister in hex mode and there isn't any UTF-8 BOM at beginning. The file has 11K in size.

Thanks.
Licensed user 102111
aggg63

Post by *aggg63 »

Hello Dalai.

I'm lucky, I have found the option very fast. The answer is:

UseRightButton=0

Delete this option or set it to 1, make the copy/move operation works well.

But, the problem is, I lost the secondary menu like Windows. I know, I can
wait 1 second and contextual menu appears. The true, I can't wait 1 second every time I want this menu.

Can you probe this conflict?

Thanks a lot.
Licensed user 102111
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

I tried to reproduce it, but I couldn't. I ran TC with a fresh .ini file, enabled Left mouse selection mode in options and moved some files (with your file names) from one network drive to another network drive by pressing F6 and F2 on each file. I repeated the test from local drive to network drive after copying the files to the VM's local drive. The file names in the BTM were correct in both cases. All this was done in a Win7 x64 VM with TC 8.51a 32 bit.

There must be something else to trigger this... Maybe someone else can try this with a physical Win7 x64 machine.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
siealex

Post by *siealex »

This looks like a hardware issue, probably disks or RAM. Are you sure you can reproduce it on two different machines?
We are not so S.M.A.R.T. as we imagine...
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Well, anything involving right click menu always makes one think of shell extensions.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2Hacker
Yeah, I thought about that, too, but that's not relevant if only the keyboard is used. However, we don't know the exact steps the OP made, so this could be an issue if the shell extension was loaded (though I don't know how it should interfere with BTM).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
aggg63

Post by *aggg63 »

siealex wrote:This looks like a hardware issue, probably disks or RAM. Are you sure you can reproduce it on two different machines?
Yes. At work, with a diferent computer and a diferent NAS, I can reproduce the problem. Now I will try to verify at work if change UseRightButton can solve the problem.
Licensed user 102111
aggg63

Post by *aggg63 »

Dalai wrote:I tried to reproduce it, but I couldn't. I ran TC with a fresh .ini file, enabled Left mouse selection mode in options and moved some files (with your file names) from one network drive to another network drive by pressing F6 and F2 on each file. I repeated the test from local drive to network drive after copying the files to the VM's local drive. The file names in the BTM were correct in both cases. All this was done in a Win7 x64 VM with TC 8.51a 32 bit.

There must be something else to trigger this... Maybe someone else can try this with a physical Win7 x64 machine.
Is very difficult to find something else can perform the same problem. I will try this weekend to probe another changes (sections from ini file) if they can reproduce/solve the problem, only I need time.

Well, also I can send you my ini file.

Thanks.
Licensed user 102111
aggg63

Post by *aggg63 »

Hello.

At work I confirm the conflict between UseRightButton=0 and move/copy files from local to network drives. The 2 computers (home and work) have Windows 7 Enterprise 64b and TC 8.51a 32b. But the history of plugins, installed programs and drivers, are very divergents. And the computers have diferent hardware, of course.

I will try to find another option in ini file but this need time.

Thanks again.
Licensed user 102111
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Dalai,
One could always try disabling the shell extensions as a test.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
aggg63

Post by *aggg63 »

Hello.

I'm sorry, the weekend has been full of activities. I will try to find another options when I have time.
Hacker wrote:Dalai,
One could always try disabling the shell extensions as a test.
How I can disable the shell extensions?

Thanks.
Licensed user 102111
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

aggg63,
How I can disable the shell extensions?
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html and disable all shell extensions.

Roman
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I could not reproduce this problem so far. Could anyone other than the thread starter reproduce it?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

I could not reproduced this problem.
To be as close to thread starter as possible, I mapped network drive as S:, created 4 big files with mentioned names at the root of disk D: and moved them to S:, one by one (F6, F2, four times). No problems.
aggg63 wrote:The images are more explicity than words.
Unfortunately these screenshots are not available anymore.
aggg63 wrote:Move: m:\El Nombre De La Rosa ( Documental).avi -> q:\El Nombre De La Rosa (Documental).avi
How do you copy this info from queue window? Or you type these lines here manually?
If you copy, why is there a space before first "Documental"?
Are all letters latin, or there are some spanish letters with diacritic marks?

Please paste here config file with which you could reproduce this bug.
To be fully paranoid, pack this file with zip archiver, encode this archive (Files -> Encode File) and paste this text here.

What are your movies exact sizes, in bytes?
Braveheart.avi
El Exorcista.avi
El Nombre De La Rosa.avi
El Nombre De La Rosa (Documental).avi
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

2ghisler(Author)
I'm looking at this:
aggg63 wrote:Move: M:\El Exorcista.avi -> Q:\El Nombre De La Rosa.avi
Move: M:\El Nombre De La Rosa.avi -> Q:\El Exorcista.avi
and wondering how is this possible. Are you using two separate lists - one for source file paths and one for target paths? If yes, then it could be the reason of this problem if you obtain two separate locks for updating the lists.