[8.52a] Error reading file from archive after Sync

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

[8.52a] Error reading file from archive after Sync

Post by *MVV »

I have a ZIP archive with XPI extension (Firefox addon). When I update its files using Sync tool, I can't view files by F3 until I reenter archive or change current archive directory.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The file names probably contain strange prefixes like ./name or similar. Try viewing the archive itself with F3 to check the names.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I've created this archive with TC, names are OK, I can view files normally... but can't just after sync. Perhaps TC caches some archive structures and doesn't invalidate them after sync.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Was the archive changed during sync (by packing)? This would change all the offsets. But TC should re-read and recompare after sync.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Yes, archive is changed during sync, and I've mentioned it, but it seems that TC doesn't reread archive after sync because I can't view file by F3 in TC panel just after closing Sync window. I've tested with 2 files, and I only can read first one after syncing.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I was able to reproduce it with mostly clean configuration. Bug reason is quite strange for me: Sync window should be opened with SYNCOPEN command.

1. Please try unpacking this archive into any folder and put TOTALCMD.exe and WCMZIP32.DLL to it, then start TOTALCMD.exe.
2. Open test\test dir in left panel and test\test.zip archive in right one and click SYNCOPEN buttonbar button.
3. Sync dir and archive, there are two files that should be copied to the archive.
4. Close Sync dialog and try viewing archive files by F3. TC can't view HISTORY(1).TXT, it shows a error message.
5. Click re-test buttonbar button and you can repeat from step 3.

It is strange that I can't reproduce this bug using Sync command from TC main menu.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

When you open the tool with SYNCOPEN, then it runs as a separate program. The main TC does not notice that the ZIP was changed, so it doesn't know about the changed offsets.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Why does SYNCOPEN start separate process? Isn't it the same as cm_FileSync but with loading specific preset?
And there is no separate process, both run in the same TOTALCMD process as a modal dialogs...