MVV
Power Member
Power Member

[8.52] 'Allowed=' mystery

Post by *MVV »

Help says:
Allowed drives -> restrict drive access! Example: Allowed=cde
\ stands for 'Network Neighborhood'
So TC should restrict access to all drives except listed here if option is defined.

I have this set to:

Code: Select all

Allowed=BCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
This prevents TC from opening non-existing A drive, and also disables slowdowns when I enter WFX plugins root (because I don't need Neighborhood there, I always use cd \\host\share instead). It doesn't prevent from accessing network shares in any way (I can open \\host\share\dir, I can read files from it, I can write files to it etc).

However I've just noticed that Find Files tool stops working in network shares with such setting. Neither 'Search for' nor 'Find text' do not work, TC just says that nothing was found. But if I remove this option or add \ to it, all work fine.

So I think that one of the following solutions should be used:
1. Make Find Files tool working in locations that TC can list and read. I.e. if I can read some folder contents, I expect that Find Files will be able to do it too. Personally I would prefer this solution because it allows working with shares with hidden Neighborhood in WFX root.
2. Prevent accessing network shares at all if Allowed is set and no \ is in allowed drives. This will make option behaviour consistent for both fixed/network folders but it will disable possibility to hide Neighborhood from WFX root and still allow working with network shares.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Well, really a strange behavior.

BTW: I am using the setting

Code: Select all

NetHoodStyle=2
to show a folder "Network" only at Network Neighborhood and prevent scanning the whole network.
#5767 Personal license
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

BTW: I am using the setting
I'm using it too but I still notice some slowdowns, and I found that I don't need this item at all so I've hid it.