Network share shows the root folder as empty. Why?

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

to_rob2

Network share shows the root folder as empty. Why?

Post by *to_rob2 »

I use Total Commander 8.52a on a Windows 7 64-bit installation. When I access a Samba network share on a NAS4Free file server, all I get is an empty root folder. I can enter a command like "cd mirror" to access a subfolder and from there on, everything works fine. Only the root folder of this particular share is shown as empty.

When I access the same share with Explorer, it works. The same for Linux and Mac OS clients. Another network share of the same file server doesn't show this problem with Total Commander.

The root folder should show four subfolders:

.AppleDB
.recycle
Mirror
Normal

.AppleDB is used by the Apple File Protocol and .recycle is the recycle bin. I created both subfolders on the other share and the root folder is still fully visible. I disconnected and reconnected the network share, no change. I renamed the network share (originally "Pool1"), no change. I even started Total Commander with a fresh .ini and without plugins, no change.

I've no idea why this share and only this share results in an empty folder while its content is fully accessible. Any ideas?
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Maybe the directories have the "Hidden" attribute? By default TC doesn't show files and directories with the attributes Hidden and/or System.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
to_rob2

Post by *to_rob2 »

No, it's not hidden. All hidden and system files are shown by Total Commander with my settings. And Explorer shows the whole content of the root folder.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, no idea. TC uses the normal FindFirstFileEx/FindNextFile functions also on Samba shares.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2to_rob2

Could you mabe have added the missing directories to the ignore list - either by their names or by wildcard?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar