Request for build-in picture viewer

Currently in public beta: Windows Phone version

Moderators: white, Hacker, Stefan2

jcm

Request for build-in picture viewer

Post by *jcm »

=Improvement in Total Commander for Windows Phone 8.1=

HI,

I am user of Total Commander for PC since its inception, is for me the essential tool of everyday use in all the senses. It has been pleasing to my also have Total Commander for Windows 8.1 Phone (Nokia Lumia 1020), I find it very good this tool of managing files (i have other more, but this i love).

I just wanted to ask a possible improvement for this new app. I'm a photographer and i have to manage many pictures inside my smarthone. It would be very good that when you click on a picture of a folder, in addition to being able to make transactions with that picture, it could move from one photo to another, forward or backward, moving to the right or left, without having to go into and out of each one of them. Must see many times in a large series of pictures inside a folder. Being able to move from a photo to another in large size and at the same time being able to perform these functions present in each one of them (without having to return to the thumbnails) i would make my work more pleasant management of the pictures.

I hope I have expressed to misunderstand me, I am Spanish photographer and for the English used a translator in my PC.

Greetings, thank you very much, and congratulations on this app,
JCM
Nokia Lumia 1020 / Windows Phone 8.1 Denim
ASUS F555L / 12GB RAM - 1.5TB DD / Windows 10 Home 64x
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for your suggestion. Currently Total Commander does not include its own picture viewer. It would be possible to do this with a self-written viewer. However, Windows Phone restricts the memory which a single program can allocate. TC already consumes quite a lot of memory for thumbnails, so it's possible that there isn't enough to also show full pictures. That's the reason why there isn't a picture viewer on Android either.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
jcm

Post by *jcm »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Thanks for your suggestion. Currently Total Commander does not include its own picture viewer. It would be possible to do this with a self-written viewer. However, Windows Phone restricts the memory which a single program can allocate. TC already consumes quite a lot of memory for thumbnails, so it's possible that there isn't enough to also show full pictures. That's the reason why there isn't a picture viewer on Android either.
Hello, toward this request because some other file managers, as is "Metro File Manager", allows you to do what I ask with the pictures/images, and at the same time is very quick with the thumbnails (i have several hundreds of photos/images) Lumia in my Nokia 1020. "Metro File Manager" is very good in general, but the design and functionality of "Total Commander" i love it, I wish it could have these functions to manage my work well as a photographer. Greetings and thank you,
JCM
Nokia Lumia 1020 / Windows Phone 8.1 Denim
ASUS F555L / 12GB RAM - 1.5TB DD / Windows 10 Home 64x