ZIP and UNZIP not working on Lumia 950

Currently in public beta: Windows Phone version

Moderators: white, Hacker, Stefan2

gdpr deleted 1

ZIP and UNZIP not working on Lumia 950

Post by *gdpr deleted 1 »

When I select files the move/copy button gets enabled, unfortunately the ZIP button stays grayed out. The same holds for selecting a ZIP file, there is no option to UNZIP it. Please fix or give more clear instructions on how to get it working.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Total Commander is a 2 panel file manager. You need to set the target folder for unpacking in the other panel.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
gdpr deleted 1

Thanks. This works for the packing. I was probably confused that this was not necessary to copy/move though. But now realize that the number of options to copy/move are in fact limited in that case.

Still now the question is how to unpack. As even when selecting a ZIP file it only offers the option to pack it again. And for a second I thought maybe to the right is packing and to the left is unpacking, but selecting a ZIP on either side gives the same options.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

dcvtkl,
Tap to enter the ZIP?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
gdpr deleted 1

Ok, found it. Did not expect to then be hidden under the move/copy action. Was looking for an unzip button.