[9.0a] Localization strings kept on translation change

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: Hacker, Stefan2, white, sheep

Post Reply
User avatar
MVV
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 8107
Joined: 2008-08-03, 12:51 UTC
Location: Russian Federation

[9.0a] Localization strings kept on translation change

Post by *MVV » 2016-12-16, 09:53 UTC

It is a quite strange bug that requires some steps to reproduce:
1. You need two LNG files of same language, e.g. WCMD_RUS.LNG and WCMD_TEST_RUS.LNG.
2. Translate this string differently in these two LNG files:

Code: Select all

1742="decode html characters (text)|decode html characters (utf-8)|decode html characters (utf-16)"
3. Switch to WCMD_RUS.LNG and open WDX selection dialog (fastest way is through MRT window), notice the names of these fields of standard tc content plugin.
4. Switch to WCMD_TEST_RUS.LNG and open WDX selection dialog again, notice that names of these fields still use translation from WCMD_RUS.LNG.
5. Switch to any other language and open WDX selection dialog, see names (I've noticed that switching to another language only helps if I open WDX selection dialog).
6. Switch to WCMD_TEST_RUS.LNG again and check that these fields are now use correct translation.

User avatar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 36354
Joined: 2003-02-04, 09:46 UTC
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by *ghisler(Author) » 2016-12-16, 11:04 UTC

Just a guess: Try changing the description of the language (first line of the LNG file).
Author of Total Commander
http://www.ghisler.com

User avatar
MVV
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 8107
Joined: 2008-08-03, 12:51 UTC
Location: Russian Federation

Post by *MVV » 2016-12-16, 12:22 UTC

No, it doesn't help.

User avatar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 36354
Joined: 2003-02-04, 09:46 UTC
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by *ghisler(Author) » 2017-10-02, 09:00 UTC

This should be fixed in TC 9.10 beta, please test it!
Author of Total Commander
http://www.ghisler.com

User avatar
petermad
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 8004
Joined: 2003-02-05, 20:24 UTC
Location: Valsted, Denmark
Contact:

Post by *petermad » 2017-10-17, 22:44 UTC

I can confirm the bug in TC 9.0a and that it is fixed in TC 9.10rc2 :-)

Testet with both 32- and 64bit versions
License #524
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 9.21a 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit, Win 7, 8.1 & 10 64bit and TC 2.91b4 on Android 6.0
Get Extended Total Commander Menus | PHSM-Calendar

Post Reply