Meaningless behavior: FTP dont connect anymore, all parameters are right.

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

zupermario

Meaningless behavior: FTP dont connect anymore, all parameters are right.

Post by *zupermario »

I configured a new ftp connession just yesterday, and yesterday it worked dozens of times.

Today i get "connection failed" and, not having I changed anything, supposed a server problem. BUT, after the persistence of this problem, i downloaded the first FTP client i found on google (WinSCP) and... with WinSCP i connect, with Total Commander not!!

I dont have a firewall, and i checked all the (few) ftp parameters:

* hostname = hostname
* port = port (although in commander there is not a specific field, I wrote it after the host name, separating host name and port with ":")
* ftp NOT SECURE (not SFTP but only FTP on WinSCP, not SSL/TSL on TC)
* no firewall on both the client
* passive mode on both the clients
* same username and password (although inapplicable because the connection dont establish at all)

I do not know what else to think about except that it's a bug ...
There is a log for the FTP client?
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Meaningless behavior: FTP dont connect anymore, all parameters are right.

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Yes, after starting the FTP session a single line field appears above the two panels.
Do a doubleclick on it to open it and show the log entries.
#5767 Personal license
zupermario

Post by *zupermario »

sqa_wizard wrote: 2019-02-23, 17:03 UTC
Yes, after starting the FTP session a single line field appears above the two panels.
Do a doubleclick on it to open it and show the log entries.

Thanks, but the FTP session is not established at all ("connection failed"), so i dont have this type of log.
At this time, i'm connected without any problem with WinSCP at the same server i cant reach with Total Commander :-(
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

If all connection settings are identical (host, user, port), then only a firewall can block a connection. Double check that you either have the (Windows) firewall disabled or TC is allowed to connect. The latter can be done in WF.msc if you're not using a 3rd party firewall software but the Windows internal one.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
zupermario

Post by *zupermario »

Dalai wrote: 2019-02-23, 18:57 UTC If all connection settings are identical (host, user, port), then only a firewall can block a connection. Double check that you either have the (Windows) firewall disabled or TC is allowed to connect. The latter can be done in WF.msc if you're not using a 3rd party firewall software but the Windows internal one.
I have windows 10 with his own firewall, but now i have disabled for every network type. But yesterday was turned on (default settings) and all was working.