Directory favourites are not always displayed correctly.

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

vdijken

Directory favourites are not always displayed correctly.

Post by *vdijken »

First of all the selection of directory favourites works find. When you type the first unique letter (a short cut) from the favourites list TC goes to that directory. When you have two directories starting with the same letter like Downloads and Documents it does not work. When you change the name in e.g. D&ocuments, the letter o is the short cut and should be displayed with an underscore under the o.
There are 3 ways to display that favourites. Only CTRL-D shows correctly the underscored letter which is the short cut. But when you use the * or double click on the directory bar to display the directory favourites they are shown without the underscore (but the selection still works). No immediate attention is required but it should be nice if it is put right in a next release.
Hacker

Re: Directory favourites are not always displayed correctly.

Post by *Hacker »

vdijken,
Assuming you have Windows 10, type "Underline access key shortcuts in menus when available", what is the setting status?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is normal Windows behaviour. Windows underlines the characters in the main menu also only when you press the Alt key, not when you use the mouse.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
vdijken

Post by *vdijken »

When I press the (left) Alt key and then all of the three ways use, the menu does not appear. And the other way around the menu disappears when I press the Alt key afterwards. I surprises me that the 3 ways to show the directory menu don't use the same procedure to show the results.
vdijken

Post by *vdijken »

Hacker wrote: 2019-05-16, 20:28 UTC vdijken,
Assuming you have Windows 10, type "Underline access key shortcuts in menus when available", what is the setting status?

Roman
It does not matter if it is on or off the result is the same.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

You're the second person claiming such a thing. See this thread (MVV mentions it).

I haven't seen such behavior on any system so far, but I admit that I don't specifically look for it when I'm working on another system...

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror