Cache on floppy copy

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

zeruyo

Cache on floppy copy

Post by *zeruyo »

Hi,
I searched the forum about this this but I didn't find any altough I think it's strange nobody suffered the following.
How to avoid TC to buffer floppy copy. I want to check with synchronize after copying but I have to reboot before because synching is based on the buffer instead on the floppy just copied.
Any help?
Thanks
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

How to avoid TC to buffer floppy copy.
TC does a lot of things, but no buffering of a floppy AFAIK.

Buffering is part of your OS which has a file buffer that is almost greater than 1,44 MB.
This means, if you copy the content of a floppy, the files are still in the file cache.
You can decrease the file cache of your OS, but this will slow down other tasks.
#5767 Personal license
Dominik

Post by *Dominik »

yeah,that's Windows,not TotalCMD.Anyway you dont need to reboot.Just pull out the floppy,go to A:,click cancel,then put in the floppy and cache is clear.At least here on my PC it works like this
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

zeruyo,
I want to check with synchronize after copying but I have to reboot before because synching is based on the buffer instead on the floppy just copied.

You could also use something lke Filecopy or Slowcopy from http://clubtotal.free.fr/tc_tools.html - I think at least one of them can check and compare the CRC of the source before copying and the target after copying.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

yeah,that's Windows,not TotalCMD.Anyway you dont need to reboot.Just pull out the floppy,go to A:,click cancel,then put in the floppy and cache is clear.At least here on my PC it works like this
It's even simpler:
Just press the Ejectbutton of the Floppydrive to eject the Disk and push it back in again.
No need to pull out the Disk as a whole nore to reread it. Try it. ;)
Dominik

Post by *Dominik »

deus-ex - even better tip! thanks :)