Feature request: Progressbar when calculating dir size.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 10-06-2003 13:15:51 +0000 Hacker wrote:

H> I guess The Average User wants to see exact numbers when
H> pressing Ctrl-L.

Yeah, "we, The Average Users..." :) Damn, I almost love this mystical personality now, when he/she is pushed for RE... %)[/face]
JackFoo

Post by *JackFoo »

Any file manager (except for the explorer [daaahhh]) is not an average users domain (once, when there was only DOS and the likes, NC might have been referred to as average users choice given the distribution of users using puters). Nowadays however an average user is the one who knows how to startup/boot windows and surf the net without a constant help from tech support.

I expect TC distribution to be in the "upper" (more computer savvy) range of users where the highest percentage is probably with those using computers on a daily basis either for work or for "addiction". Personally I'm addicted, I feel it to be an indispensable tool in my work. Having tried showing my less savvy friends TC and seeing the reaction (this friends are _way_ above average computer user) I can safely say my predictions are probably quite true.

Cheers.
jb

Post by *jb »

Black Dog wrote:[face=courier]Anyway, I guess our positions on this thread subject are close enough to declare that we have some common one.[/face]
jb wrote:That's nicely worded! :o
Black Dog wrote:[face=courier]Yeah, when I'm good, I'm really good... %)[/face]
I think this thread has proven once more that you are surely an unfair loudmouth. Probably my previous response was misleading. To make it clear: Your sophisticated wording surprised me above all because it glossed over that your preceding torrent of words was mostly needless and quite a waste of time. Perhaps that's your hobby, but for my part I will try harder to avoid such pseudo discussions from now on.
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 11-06-2003 07:17:57 +0000 jb wrote:

Sorry, I hadn't any time to answer you post that week.

j> I think this thread has proven once more that you are
j> surely an unfair loudmouth.

Actually I don't care about your opinion on me (or any other one), so if you addressed that to me, your words "was mostly needless and quite a waste of time", sorry.

j> Probably my previous response was misleading.

Oh, no, you just missed my selfirony there, 'cause IMHO you never had any - what a pity.

j> To make it clear: Your sophisticated wording surprised
j> me above all because it glossed over that your preceding
j> torrent of words was mostly needless and quite a waste
j> of time.

As well, as yours. But that was you, who started all this circus, I just follow your general conversation conception, tedious and boring.

j> Perhaps that's your hobby

Well, if you want to know me closer (I guess, hobbies are rather personal thing), you have no chances, sorry. But you can still guessing, of course.

j> but for my part I will try harder to avoid such pseudo
j> discussions from now on.

Go ahead, good luck.[/face]