feature request-active side inactive side

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

bheagle wrote:By the way, I think you are definatly doing a great job with "total commander" and ever since I found it many years ago, I have installed many programs on many computer throughout the years, but somehow no matter what else goes into the computer "windows Commander/Total commander" always goes in first.
Definitely. If only I could create a Windows installation CD that contained and installed TCmd automatically! :)
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

wanderer wrote: Definitely. If only I could create a Windows installation CD that contained and installed TCmd automatically! :)
Try to create (and send me, please) such a CD with TC which doesn't need Windows :-)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
bheagle

Post by *bheagle »

ummm can you say Linux......:)

All we have to do now is wait for the linux version, It would probably have active/inactive side color backgrounds..... :)
bheagle
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

There won't be a linuxversion. Appart from porting problems, TC is adabted to Windows (different attributes, no owner, no group, etc....)
But if you need a kind of TC for Linux try mc (Midnight-Commander, Console) od Krusader (KDE2/3)
bheagle

Post by *bheagle »

IT WAS A JOKE!!!

LOL

He asked for a cd with total commander on it that did not need windows.....

but thx anyway, I'd prolly go to Linux if total commander worked in it, but since I'm kissin butt here, I'll stick with TC in Windows... "ITS THE GREATEST!"

:)
bheagle
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

bheagle wrote:IT WAS A JOKE!!!
LOL
He asked for a cd with total commander on it that did not need windows.....
Exactly :D
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
bheagle

Post by *bheagle »

here's a thought......

TCOS
and for those of you who are confused
(Total Commander Operating System)

Would you buy it????
For How Much???
and How Long after the Release???
bheagle
Arakrys

Post by *Arakrys »

Any way to prevent stupid mistakes, such as uploading in stead of downloading, would help me a lot.

I try to get myself in the habit of always having the HD on the left and the floppy/FTP/whatever on the right pane. Actually i do see the difference between active and not active.

It would help me greatly if either i could set this to default ([x] FTP always on the right) or have FTP panes with a different colour.
Or maybe every directory can remember its colour, but i think that would be a larger change. Not sure whether i really would like that.

Then maybe the active directory does not need to have an active colour but an extra thick line around it, if people miss that.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

It would help me greatly if either i could set this to default ([x] FTP always on the right)

Configuration - Options - Misc. - FTP - Open new connections:

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
bheagle

Post by *bheagle »

I too can see the change if I stop to look and take note, but sometimes I am in a hurry to get something finished and really don't pay attention to what I am doing, therefore I mess up..... I would simply like to make it MUCH easier to see what is the active side and what is the inactive side.... I think the FTP and such would be good except that I usually know when I make an ftp connect and as I do this manually I know what side I want the ftp on.. Usually in my case the right side..... so I know.

But local drives and mapped network drives are not so thought process oriented on my part therefore I may minimize it and then maximize it and forget to take notice of the side I am actually wouking in.
bheagle
Arakrys

Post by *Arakrys »

thanks 'Hacker'! silly that i missed that :o
(and thanks mr Ghisler!) :P
For me that's enough.
RazerBack

Post by *RazerBack »

Hi new here, been a user for a very long time.
Just putting in my two cents
From the looks of it there is a 1 pixel wide border, isn't it possible to change that colour or is that a part of windows colour scheme?
Kinda like this, I would actually make it blue for me, just wanted to make it stand out for you guys.

Image: http://members.shaw.ca/razerback/tc.jpg
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

Just checked TC after reading these posts. How about changing the color of the cursor color?? In my case, I made it red and that on a white background shows clearly which side is active. As you can choose your own color it should be able to stand out on more color schemes I guess :?:

Here is a screenprint:
http://members.chello.nl/rdalmulder/tc.jpg

Botak
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

How about changing the color of the cursor color??

Or even make it inverted...

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
bheagle

Post by *bheagle »

Here is what I'm thinking about.... although the colors would be user configureable.

Image: http://209.170.218.69/TC-COLORS.jpg
bheagle