I need your help for tabbed browsing!

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

JohnFredC wrote:The Speed Commander implementation is wonderful to use and I hope that TC's tabs behave similarly.
SpeedCommander is actually second in my list behind TC due to similarities. It’s a very nice file manager. The tabbed approach is very good but the way Christian described his version of implementation is even better and much more flexible and configurable. Can’t wait for v6.0!!!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
sergeycentral

Post by *sergeycentral »

pdavit wrote:"My only reason for still using M$ Window? as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Can't you use TC in linux thru WINE?

I believe there's a plugin to view linux sh** anyway
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Can't you use TC in linux thru WINE?

That depends on how you define "use".

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
sergeycentral

Post by *sergeycentral »

well, wouldn't mostly everything work. i guess the network neighborhood is out of question and the FS plugins and some unnessesary commands--DOS.

has anyone tried that anyway??? (running TC thru WINE)

-----------------------------------

Actually, now that I think about it. :roll: that would be sweet if i could do that. since my job at work often-times heavily relies on TC to get it done. most of the machines run redhat linux. there are a few windows 2k ones, but they're slow and have windows 2k. so im stuck on those b/c i need to use TC. :oops:
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Though it's a bit off-topic, yes, it works, but for instance the drive buttons make no sense nor does the free space indication, associations, etc.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.