Sort mode based on path

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

gromit wrote: As I imagine this would only apply to certain directories, I suggest your preference is stored in a file in that directory much like the descript.ion file for file comments. If this file is present, then obey it's instructions, otherwise use the default.
I also thought about such a file, but that are you doing on readonly network-drives?
Assuming that there aren't so many dirs where you're not using the default, a .ini (wincmd.ini?) in the TC's dir seems to be sensibe....
ghisler(Author) wrote:The tabs will offer a solution for this problem: They will remember their sort order and display mode. So you can create a tab for that directory and set the sort order accordingly.
Will it be possible to link two tab's like in KDE's Konqueror? so that you can navigate in the one tab and the other, with different viewing settings would follow your navigations. This would be quite nice (I think I already wrote about linking tabs in the german or english thread about tabs)
TCrules

Post by *TCrules »

ghisler(Author) wrote:The tabs will offer a solution for this problem: They will remember their sort order and display mode. So you can create a tab for that directory and set the sort order accordingly.
It's great and very confortable that Tabs will remember their sorting, but in my oppinion this here is a different feature request:

I would like to configure (it would be okay to do this by hand in wincmd.ini!) for 1 or 2 or maybe 3 very special folders (incomig folders or especially that one folder where my browser will normally put all that littl e stuff and saved webpages that I download all the day), that whenever TC enters these directories, it will automatically sort them by date. In the moment I leave or if I go further in a subfolder, the sorting order should be again the order which was selected before entering that folder (UNLESS I manually selected a different order while I was in the special folder. In this case, TC should forget it and just leave this sort order)