SonyEricsson P800 & TC

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

odinb

SonyEricsson P800 & TC

Post by *odinb »

Just bought the SonyEricsson P800, and since I use TC (5.5 at the moment) for almost everything I do when it comes to file managing, I ofcourse wanted to use it for managing files on the P800.

Here is where my problem starts! The P800 icon sits on the desktop, and is (as far as I can see) only available by using explorer (that sucks in my opinion). It sits right on the desktop in explorer. It does not get attached as a drive with a drive letter assignment. I cannot find the unit when browsing into "c:\Documents and Settings\any user" and due to this am not possible to use TC for managing these files.

Have I overlooked something, or is this just a "bug" in the SW for the phone? Could this be fixed in TC to compensate for this lack of functionality in the phone SW?
Otherwise the P800 unit is excellent! Would not call it a phone, since it is so much more!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Try adding cm_opendesktop or cm_opendrives to your Start Menu, run them, and see if you can access your P800 from there (damm you... P800... where do you have the money for such a thing? Robbed a bank?).

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
odinb

Post by *odinb »

Thanks a lot!

This just saved my day!

Followed this little neat trick to get to the desktop:
"Typing \\ and ENTER on the command line now opens the desktop (same as cm_OpenDesktop in buttonbar)"

Actually I got hold of it as bulk, and payed about €550 for it. Seems pretty OK if you ask me! The unit is available for €770 in most stores by now. The only drawback was that I only got an 8MB memorycard as opposed to the 16MB that it usually comes with. Since one needs more memory than that (Doom takes up just above 5MB, and I have to install the Opera webbrowser when it becomes available next week), I would have to buy a 64MB or 128MB card when they hit the stores later this year anyway.

Again, thanks for the fast and simple solution!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

You're welcome. 550 € is a great price, if you ask me, here it sells for over 1000 €...

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.