Activation Code through e-mail?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

krobert291

Activation Code through e-mail?

Post by *krobert291 »

I purchased a copy of Total Commander last week. I have received a confirmation e-mail (that the amount of the purchase has been posted to my credit card), and that the CD would be in the mail the next day. I was under the impression that a registration code would also be sent via e-mail so that I could begin using the registered version immediately. But the registration code has not yet been sent. I have tried to send e-mail messages to support@ghisler.com, but they have all been sent back as undeliverable. Can someone help? Is having the CD the only way to install a registered version? Should I still expect to receive an unlock code through e-mail?

Thanks.
bytalized

Post by *bytalized »

I know that several years ago Windows Commander (old name) came on a floppy, with the license key installing along with it.

The license key being a file (binary at that), isn't something you can type into Total Commander somewhere to unlock it. And emails with binary attachments are known to be blocked by certain clients, tossed out by proxies, firewalls, AV software. Probably the reason why no email with a key has been sent to you.

Hope that helps a bit.
Jeroen.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

AFAIK, Total Commander is still distributed on a floppy disk since it fits in one as Christian is really "fighting" to make that feasible. I guess everyone has his/her priorities! :D :P

The support email address is working fine and I recently actually received a reply from Christian. I recon the problem is from your side of the network krobert291.

Call me a Capitalist, but by the time TC's file size excides the floppy disk barrier I will happily re-register just to have the original thing in my hands on CD. Yeah yeah, I know I'm a psycho! ;)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Dominik

Post by *Dominik »

Why does he send the whole program? Can't he just put small key file on a floppy disk?
Coco

Post by *Coco »

Dominik,

Because if you buy something you like to have something physical :)

Look pdavit ... :lol:
Alain
gromit

Post by *gromit »

Coco wrote:
Because if you buy something you like to have something physical :)
I don't see why. I had a disk posted to me with TC on it (which I originally downloaded off the net). A key emailed to me would have been sufficient.

That's how it was with my newsreader (Forté Agent). :)

Phil
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

krobert291 wrote:I purchased a copy of Total Commander last week. I have received a confirmation e-mail (that the amount of the purchase has been posted to my credit card), and that the CD would be in the mail the next day. I was under the impression that a registration code would also be sent via e-mail so that I could begin using the registered version immediately. But the registration code has not yet been sent.
Apparently there were mail problems. I have received your e-mail from your job mail account, and I have now sent your key there.
krobert291 wrote:I have tried to send e-mail messages to support@ghisler.com, but they have all been sent back as undeliverable. Can someone help? Is having the CD the only way to install a registered version? Should I still expect to receive an unlock code through e-mail?
Could you please post the undeliverable error message here? This shouldn't happen - I have received dozens of e-mails each day...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com