Virtual Folders

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

rolandd

Virtual Folders

Post by *rolandd »

Hey all,

I have been looking for away to get my Favorites in TC. Either under start or more preferably on the button bar. Yes, I have managed to open the folder but would rather see it as a dropdown menu.

Does anybody know how to do this or if this is possible? I guess if it works for Favorites it should work for other folders as well? :wink:

Thanx all,

Botak

P.s. the forum is a good source :lol:
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Don't you like the directory hotlist (Ctrl+D)?
It gives you really quick access to all your favourite durectories.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

Hey djk,

I LOVE the directory hotlist. CTRL-D is glued to my fingers :P What I want is my Internet Favorites. For example, I am doing something and want to search the net for something or visit a certain page, that I can click/press key on the button and there comes my list with favorites and then when I click that, it will automatically open in Avant Browser. That last part is integrated in Windows so that won't be the problem. Just my list of URL faves I would like.

Botak
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Botak wrote:Hey djk,

I LOVE the directory hotlist. CTRL-D is glued to my fingers :P What I want is my Internet Favorites. For example, I am doing something and want to search the net for something or visit a certain page, that I can click/press key on the button and there comes my list with favorites and then when I click that, it will automatically open in Avant Browser. That last part is integrated in Windows so that won't be the problem. Just my list of URL faves I would like.

Botak
what about cd %USERPROFILE%\My Favorites Folder
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

Getting to the Favorites folder in one of the panes is no problem but to have it as a drop down menu when I click the button in the button bar. That is actually what I am looking for. That way both panes will keep the dirs that I am working in.

Any more ideas? :roll:

Botak
Dominik

Post by *Dominik »

Botak wrote:Getting to the Favorites folder in one of the panes is no problem but to have it as a drop down menu when I click the button in the button bar. That is actually what I am looking for. That way both panes will keep the dirs that I am working in.

Any more ideas? :roll:

Botak
i think there was a small app which allowed you to use drop down menu in buttonbar.find that in the forum,and put the favorites to the button bar.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Well, maybe it's a new idea for VadiMGP to... add a new functionality for his tcmenu.exe. :-)

Just to add a new parameter which would allow to show as the itmes of the menu all the files form the directory (with or without the extensions). Then after clicking on such an item, default application would be called.
What do you think about it VadiMGP?
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2djk It is not just to add option. Tcmenu requires .bar file as parameter.

2Botak It is not related to TC, but if you use Windows 2000 or XP you can add your favorites to Windows taskbar.
Right click on taskbar->Toolbars->New Toolbar... and choose desired directory.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

VadiMGP wrote:2djk It is not just to add option. Tcmenu requires .bar file as parameter.
Ok, you are right :-) That's why I wrote about new fuctionality :-)
If tcmenu would find the new parameter it could work a little different, just not open an existing .bar file but... create "virtual" .bar and list the files.
It's not really important for me, it was only an idea ;-)
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

Wow, the toolbar works ;) No idea that was possible :oops:

Anyway, it will satisfy my wish. Just wondering if it might be useful for future integration?

Thx for all the help.

Botak