Question on synchronize dir

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

miskox

Question on synchronize dir

Post by *miskox »

Let's say that my CD-ROM drive is D: and I want to make a snapshot of all the files in it (together with pathnames, CRC32, MD5...).
Now I take my second CD-ROM (a copy of the first one). Now I want to make a comparison of these files from a snapshot and with the new CD-ROM (or another snapshot)?
Is this supported/will this be supported?

For this purpose I use another very useful tool but it would be nice to do this with TC.

Bye,
MiskoX
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Currently synchronize dirs doesn't work with plugins like the catalog plugin. This will be supported in Total Commander 6.0, though.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
jb

Re: Question on synchronize dir

Post by *jb »

miskox wrote:Let's say that my CD-ROM drive is D: and I want to make a snapshot of all the files in it (together with pathnames, CRC32, MD5...).
Now I take my second CD-ROM (a copy of the first one). Now I want to make a comparison of these files from a snapshot and with the new CD-ROM (or another snapshot)
Interesting idea! :)
I think also "Search..." and maybe other functions should be applicable to these snapshots.
miskox wrote:For this purpose I use another very useful tool but it would be nice to do this with TC.
What's the name of the other tool?
miskox

Post by *miskox »

The app I use is Treediff (see www.chdsoftware.com)

Bye,
MiskoX

When you make a copy of a CD (or files from HDD - backup purposes) are you always 100% sure that the filles were burnt correctly? No. With this function you can compare files (CRC32 comparsion is good enough I think but if MD5 hash is implemented it's even better)