"Execute" in Synchronize dirs

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

"Execute" in Synchronize dirs

Post by *Hacker »

Hi everyone,
What do you think about a possibility to "run" a file from the Synchronize dirs window? I missed it recently when trying to compare two pictures.
(And before you say "Lister - IrfanView" I will say "Animated GIFs." :P )

TIA
Roman
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Well,
now, you can use WLXFlic lister plugin http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=1115
It supports animated gifs, but... you must turn off using IrfanView for that moment (fortunately you don't have to close the lister and open again - just only change this option and it works) :-(
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

LOL OK, I give up on trying to foresee things. What about files for which there is no Lister plugin? :)

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Hacker wrote:What about files for which there is no Lister plugin? :)
It's time to write such a plugin :-)

I often use synchronization but I've never had such a need (to run the files) but maybe it could be useful for somebody.
It doesn't seem to be hard to implement such a possibility, IMHO.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian...?

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Although i don't use TC's Synchronize dirs function, i believe it is a useful feature. The program i'm currently using has that ability (which i use often). See URL below.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~lploeger/TreeComp3.htm
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

At the moment, I cannot support GIF internally because of the LZW patent. This is planned for next year. However, TC 6.0 will allow multimedia plugins even when Irfanview is used as a converter. Currently Irfanview takes precedence over all plugins.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

GIF was only a bad example... I wanted to ask if it would be possible to "run" files directly from the Synchornize dirs window...

TIA
Roman
dagoon

Post by *dagoon »

ghisler(Author) wrote:At the moment, I cannot support GIF internally because of the LZW patent. This is planned for next year.
The Unisys patent expired on 20 June 2003 in the USA, but it does not expire in most of Europe until 18 June 2004, in Japan until 20 June 2004 and in Canada until 7 July 2004.