Power Member
Power Member

Passing additional switches to packers

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 03-01-2003 07:39 TwistedPair wrote:

TP> Is it possible to pass additional switches to the
TP> Info-ZIP program when using EXT: in the packer
TP> dialog?

It is. For example you can make encrypted archives this way (yes, I know about wcmzip32.dll with encryption support), but you need zip.exe from zcr23xN.zip for this. Just add "-e" parameter after "zip:"

zip: -e "drive:\path\to\file.zip"

or

zip: -P password "drive:\path\to\file.zip"

and Commander will run external ZIP even if you configured it to use the internal one by default. But for permanent parameters (for example compression level) I suggest you to use ZIP configuration dialog - add them in the and of zip.exe path:

ZIP Packer: drive:\path\to\zip.exe -9 -! -v

It's a pity, but because of Commander adds "-q" to any command line by default you can't use "-c" and "-z" parameters (actually you can add them, but they wouldn't work). And it looks like you can't use custom parameters to unpack ZIP files in "Shift"+"F6" dialog.

BTW you can add parameters this way for any other "regular" packers (RAR etc.).[/face]
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Do you actually have any backups of threads from the old forums?

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 16-02-2003 12:59:59 +0000 Hacker wrote:

H> Do you actually have any backups of threads from
H> the old forums?

Don't you know, Jedi, Protoss have Templar Archives? ;)[/face]
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Asking because Christian asked the users in the German forum ( http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=25 ) if they have any backups so he could restore at least part of the old threads... so it would be nice if you could contact Christian and send him the backups you have... :)

Roman
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 16-02-2003 15:31:13 +0000 Hacker wrote:

Well, I'm SFOT in my first post, it looks like I should rename this thread to "Archives"... ;)

H> he could restore at least part of the old threads...

Sorry Jedi, but my archives contain only my posts. So I would "restore" them by myself - the only way I see in this situation.
But if you have another ideas or just want to continue this discussion anyhow I think it would be a good idea to start a new thread :).[/face]