Vertical scrolling bar overlapping problem!

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Vertical scrolling bar overlapping problem!

Post by *pdavit »

I’ve been experiencing the following problem since I used TC for the very first time but never thought of mentioning it as I thought it was too minor problem to be mentioned! Since a new version is coming, I thought of mentioning it just in case there is an easy solution.

Any way, the problem is (and you probably have noticed that too) that the vertical scrolling bar of the filelist overlaps the last two (or so) characters of the attribute column if you take advantage of the full width of the filelist. The problem can be easily solved by adjusting the tabstops of the attribute column to end 2-3 characters to the left but then I have a tinny blank space unused at the end of the filelist (when the vertical bar isn't visible), which I could have assigned to display longer filenames.

Any thoughts?
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Maxwish

Post by *Maxwish »

I don't think this can be prevented.
...BRB...
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

You are right.
I rememebr that I corrected the width of columns many times and always after some time I found that it's wrong.
As you wrote, it was 2-3 chars too narrow. It took me much time :oops: to notice that it was a problem of scrollbars.

It would be nice if there was possibility to freeze eg. widh of some columns and others could change their size dynamicly as it was suggested here: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=508
In this case you could have fixed all columns except name and it could change its size if the scrollbar appears.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hey, that's not a bug, that's a feature! This way I can hide the unecessary Attr column.

:)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Hey, that's not a bug, that's a feature! This way I can hide the unecessary Attr column.
Well now that sounds like a vote for the ability to toggle individual column visibility. I vote for that!

Plus, I vote for the ability to reposition columns. While testing SpeedCommander I became addicted to having the extension column in the first position.

So here is a summary of my requests for the file lists:

1. Ability to designate fixed columns in the file panel a la Excel.
2. Ability to toggle the visibility of individual columns.
3. Ability to reposition visible columns.

Most TC competitors offer features 2 & 3, no one offers #1. My guess is that the grid control that TC uses for the file lists does not have these features as part of its native functionality and that is why we haven't seen these desireable functions in TC yet.
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric