Copy subset of files and the dir structure

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

robinsiebler

Copy subset of files and the dir structure

Post by *robinsiebler »

I'm tired of mapping a drive and using xcopy to copy and subset of files and the directory structure to my local machine. It doesn't seem like there is any way to do this in TC. Am I wrong?
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
bjx2

Post by *bjx2 »

Indeed there is a quite flexible way. Choose in the left panel the source directory (at such a level that all required subdirs are included). In the right panel, choose the target directory. Then synchronize the directories as follows: Commands,Synchronize Dirs...,and check Subdirs. Under Show, click right arrow (pointing to the right, that is). Then click Compare. The 'would be' file list is displayed. Depending on your needs you can deselect all (click 1st, then SHIFT-click last in list in normal Windows manner) and then select the required files or deselect some files in the list and copy the rest. Deselect a directory by right-clicking directory bar. When you are done, click synchronize. The selected files along with the directory structure(s) are copied. You can experiment with the duplicates, singles etc buttons to suit your needs. Synhconize buttons are explained in the Help.

Hope this it what you wanted to do.

Regards
bb