English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fabiochelly
Power Member
Power Member

A little bug: no internal unzip on desktop

Post by *fabiochelly »

Hi,

I have a little problem, currently, I use the command cm_OpenDesktop to go to the desktop.
The problem is that the treat archives like directory function doesn't work in this case (Enter opens winrar instead of going into the archive) and CTRL+PGDOWN don't work neither.
I have to replace the cm_OpenDesktop command by cd c:\document and settings\administrator\desktop for this to work.
Fabio Chelly.
Lorsqu'on s'occupe d'informatique il faut faire comme les canards...
Paraître calme en surface et pédaler comme un forcené par en dessous
Coco

Post by *Coco »

Hi,

There is also other functions which are not working when using the cm_OpenDesktop.
cm_OpenDesktop is a virtual folder created to display the content of the desktop for All Users and Current Users.

I have no problem with copy/move/edit/... for files from the current users desktop.
But I can't do any operation on files from the All Users desktop. TC give File not found or Cannot copy from source,...

I think that I already posted that on the old forum but I do not remember the answer of Christian.
Alain
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

The answer is just like the one you gave - dm_OpenDesktop opens a virtual desktop folder where eg My Computer or Recycle Bin are and therefore cannot be treated as a usual folder, therefore some file operations are not available.

HTH
Roman
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

I've just found a problem with it on my computer, too.
I open a Desktop (cm_OpenDesktop) and try to run a program (.lnk) file. If the link comes from the current user desktop - it works ok. If it comes from "All users" desktop - nothing happens. :-(

Unfortunately I can't easily see which .lnk comes from where and it took me some time to find out the reason of the strange bahaviour (one works, another not).

I can understand that operations like copying to the folder maybe difficult but running the program... should be always possible.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

djk wrote:I've just found a problem with it on my computer, too.
I open a Desktop (cm_OpenDesktop) and try to run a program (.lnk) file. If the link comes from the current user desktop - it works ok. If it comes from "All users" desktop - nothing happens. :-(

Unfortunately I can't easily see which .lnk comes from where and it took me some time to find out the reason of the strange bahaviour (one works, another not).

I can understand that operations like copying to the folder maybe difficult but running the program... should be always possible.
Confirmed!