Last minute feature suggestions for v6.0 of TC

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JackFoo

Post by *JackFoo »

@Geoffrey
Yes, this is true, I actually bumped into this myself. At the time I was thinking of writing an extension to lst2str but I don't have the time... in the meantime I use Christian's excellent batch maker plugin, check it out. Once I'll have some time I'll get to it...

Cheers.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Two more tinny wishes I forgot to mention:

1. The so useful missing horizontal scrolling bar for feed lists following a search result.

2. User-definable point of selection restoration as it has been detailed in the following thread: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=24
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

It would be realy nice if you could just "execute" a TC-plugin (*.wlx, *.wfx, *.wcx) for installing it. If you press <return> on one of the first two, you could get a message "Plugin succesful installed <ok>" or "Plugin is already innstalled. Do you want to uninstall it? <yes|no>".
For the last type (*.wcx) the normal installation-dialog should appear, because you need the extension.
Odegard

Post by *Odegard »

I mentioned this some while ago but I can't find that old thread.

I would really like the possibility to search through PDF documents for text strings.
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-10, 21:18 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

One more old wish!

The ability to merge split files created by TC without the need of having TC installed on another machine. For example, with the use of an automatically created batch file (ref: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=1045 )

That's in addition to the current function not as a replacement!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Geoffrey

Post by *Geoffrey »

JackFoo wrote:@Geoffrey
Yes, this is true, I actually bumped into this myself. At the time I was thinking of writing an extension to lst2str but I don't have the time... in the meantime I use Christian's excellent batch maker plugin, check it out. Once I'll have some time I'll get to it...

Cheers.
Thanks Jack, and also for the suggestions. It's not as convenient as a simple user command to which I can assign a shortcut, but it works definitely well and corresponds to what I needed.

Geoffrey
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It would be realy nice if you could just "execute" a TC-plugin (*.wlx, *.wfx, *.wcx) for installing it. If you press <return> on one of the first two, you could get a message "Plugin succesful installed <ok>" or "Plugin is already innstalled. Do you want to uninstall it? <yes|no>".
This is a very good idea - but there is currently no default directory for plugins, and linking to the plugin where it is double clicked isn't such a good idea either because when it is executed from within a zip file, the temporary file will be deleted after execution. Any ideas?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
fabiochelly
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fabiochelly »

For instance, if someone double-click on the file c:\toto\xxx.wlx, you can show a dialog like this:

Code: Select all

Where do you want to install the plugin c:\toto\xxx.wlx?

1. [O] Do not copy files, install it where it is

2. [O] in folder: [<TCPATH>\addons\WLX\xxx\] [BROWSE]
       [X] Copy also all files in c:\toto\
Of course, if someone double-click on a file in a zip archive only this file will be transferred.
Unless as the double-click has been made under TC, you can know it and propose a checkbox:
[X] Copy also all files in c:\toto\toto.zip
Last edited by fabiochelly on 2003-08-07, 12:36 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Fabio Chelly.
Lorsqu'on s'occupe d'informatique il faut faire comme les canards...
Paraître calme en surface et pédaler comme un forcené par en dessous
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

I agree with fabiochelly.
And you could add parameters for default localization of wlx, wfx, wcx plugins (separate for every kind of plugins).
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
fabiochelly
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fabiochelly »

And you could add parameters for default localization of wlx, wfx, wcx plugins
In my example, I proposed a folder which has the same name as the plugin extension '[<TCPATH>\addons\WLX\xxx\' (it's what I use in my TC)
Fabio Chelly.
navaja

Option to associate archives with totalcmd?

Post by *navaja »

I don't if anyone has mentioned this before (and I apologise for posting this if it has) but what about an option to associate archives with totalcmd? For example, when you double-click a zipfile (or any other associated archive) on the desktop it will open in the left (or right) pane of totalcmd...or in any currently open windows of totalcmd.

Anyone else besides me think this would be a useful addition??
Last edited by navaja on 2003-08-12, 16:44 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
fabiochelly
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fabiochelly »

Anyone else besides me think this would be a usefull addition??
Yes, I think it would be very interesting, all the more as if WLX plugins extensions could be also supported (in that case it would be great to launch TC with quickview mode activated or with the viewer active)
Fabio Chelly.
navaja

"wrap text" in lister for specified extensions.

Post by *navaja »

Another feature suggestion has to do with the in-built Viewer (Lister).
What about an option to specify what file extensions are viewed with "Wrap Text" and which file extensions are viewed without "Wrap Text"?

eg.

1. diz/nfo/js/css = don't wrap text
2. rtf/txt/htm = wrap text
Last edited by navaja on 2003-08-09, 12:38 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
pintel

Post by *pintel »

I have two big issues with TC that maybe can be addressed in the next release.

1) When doing file operations (delete/copy/move ect.) when TC encounters an error or it doesn't know what to do, it displays a message box and waits for the user. I'd wish it could just skip the file, continue will all other non-problematic ones and then, at the END, show all the files he didn't know what to do with. I sometimes start a big operation to find out it stopped after 10% to ask me if I'm sure I want to delete a read-only file. Drives me nuts. Of course this behavior can be turned on/off, so that the other users will not compain...

2) Sometimes when I search for a file, I have no idea where it is. So I search the entire HD (or five). Now although I don't know where it is, I know where it isn't. like in my local internet files (which takes forever to go through) or my 2.1 GB of KB articles. I think I have an elegant solution.
In the Find window, the path changes at the bottom all the time. Each part of the path could be clickable, and when clicked, the entire path including subfolders, will be skipped. For example (if the path now is: ""c:\Documents and Settings\Tomer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0D4PU78X\" and I click on "Temporary Internet Files" it will skip all those files and keep looking in the next folder in "Local Settings".

I think those two are pretty easy to implement so please think about it, OK?

Tomer