file date/times wrong on CD-RW

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tashkerm

file date/times wrong on CD-RW

Post by *tashkerm »

Using CD-RW media under Win2k/XP, if you copy a file to RW using explorer/cmd/4nt you see the file with the correct date/time. If copied with TC the file time on the removable media changes to GMT, not local. This is specific to nt/2k/xp either FAT or NTFS (I believe the OS always stores the time as GMT but displays it in local time). Much grief as I'm GMT-8, so if I want to use TC for backing up 'newer' files, all files in the hard drive directory show up as newer than the RW, all the time.

I do believe this is a TC bug, or am I mistaken? Or is there some OS setting I can use?

I use Roxio 6 Drag-to-Disk; was same under Roxio 5. No problem previously under W9x.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It's a bug in Roxio. Apparently they only handle the date correclty for the CopyFileEx function, but not for SetFileTime used by Total Commander. TC 6.0 will support CopyFileEx as a compatibility mode.

Btw, have you tried to complain to them?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
tashkerm

Post by *tashkerm »

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to TC 6. Complaining to Roxio is probably fruitless, although you have given me the info to do so.