BIG wish ....

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

anghelcovici

BIG wish ....

Post by *anghelcovici »

I don't know if somebody already posted something on this, but i would surelly like an enhanced "copy" .... what i mean by that is that a resume function is a MUST ! ... i know it has "pause" but if the source is not accesible and i already copied 99% ...well it really sucks
And a speed limiter would be good...
A friend of mine wrote a plug-in to do that but it cannot replace the f5 command...
Anyway if u still don't understand what i mean, check out total copy ...

See ya ! :wink:
Maxwish

Re: BIG wish ....

Post by *Maxwish »

anghelcovici wrote:A friend of mine wrote a plug-in to do that but it cannot replace the f5 command...
What plugin is that ?
...BRB...
anghelcovici

Post by *anghelcovici »

it wasn't actually a plug-in .. it was a program that installed itself and replaced the copy function.. but u would have to press ctrl+alt+f5 to copy and it didn't work with drag&drop
I'll talk to him to see if he's site is still working...
Sam York

Post by *Sam York »

anghelcovici wrote:I don't know if somebody already posted something on this, but i would surelly like an enhanced "copy" .... what i mean by that is that a resume function is a MUST ! ... i know it has "pause" but if the source is not accesible and i already copied 99% ...well it really sucks
And a speed limiter would be good...
A friend of mine wrote a plug-in to do that but it cannot replace the f5 command...
Anyway if u still don't understand what i mean, check out total copy ...

See ya ! :wink:
I don't know if somebody already posted something on this, but i would surelly like an enhanced "copy"
Wow! :lol: Seems that at least right click drag & drop should be implemented in TC 6.0 if not the entire features that make TotalCopy so, so good(which will be preferred)!

First, you should have tried "search" or at least viewing some topics before posting ...

Yes, there have been extensive discussions on this matter and for this at least three topics were "consumed". I hope not in vain! :wink:

Here:

http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=1490
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=1504

From those 2 topics you'll see all three. And yes, no more doubts! TotalCopy in TC 5.51 CANNOT be integrated.
Sam York

Post by *Sam York »

So this "plug-in" you're talking about is not TotalCopy? It's another?
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

anghelcovici wrote:And a speed limiter would be good...
I would also like a speed limiter mainly because I use TC in a LAN network where its (TC's) speed exceeds the capabilities of the physical media of the network! ;) :)

I've got some dozen of times (the last couple of months) that little pop-up message at the bottom right corner of my WinXP workstation informing me that there might be a data loss on a specific file while I was coping a large amount of files with TC through the network.

Luckily none of those times resulted in corrupted files but probably I was lucky. So, a speed limiter is not just a fancy little tweak but a really useful addition in network environments.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Sam York

Post by *Sam York »

anghelcovici wrote:And a speed limiter would be good...
Yes, very useful ... A speed limiter and an acceleration function(like in TotalCopy) would indeed be very useful, especially on network environment. And resume also is very useful for network and not only ...
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Well, you can set a speed limit in the Background Transfer Manager...

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Hacker wrote:Well, you can set a speed limit in the Background Transfer Manager...
I guess you are implying that the algorithm is already built but not available on the copy function other than... we already have the feature! ;) :D
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!