Use of TCmenu plugin and weird behaviour of button bar

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DRP535

Use of TCmenu plugin and weird behaviour of button bar

Post by *DRP535 »

Now... before you all go freaking out and telling me not to post plugin questions in the main forum, just stick with me here and you'll realise that this is not a question about the plugin.

I am using the TCmenu plugin in TC and it works like a charm - not a drama. What does sh** me however is that when I need to select another button bar other than the default one (to edit the entries displayed when it gets called by TCmenu), when I go to exit it again I get the message "Do you want to make this button bar the new main button bar?"

I don't, so I click "No" and it makes this new button bar the one that gets displayed regardless of my answer. I then have to reselect the default button bar again to get it back displayed each time.

Is this a bug in the program or is this behaviour by design? If so, please change the design on the next version. It's very annoying.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, this is by design, because you chose that bar (via the >> button) and clicked OK. What you could do is create a sub-bar, then you can open a second icon change dialog which will not override the current button bar.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
DRP535

Post by *DRP535 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:No, this is by design, because you chose that bar (via the >> button) and clicked OK. What you could do is create a sub-bar, then you can open a second icon change dialog which will not override the current button bar.
Thanks Christian, I'll do that in future.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

What I personally do is close and run TC. This way the original button bar gets restored almost immediately.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.